Thursday, March 01, 2007

Things I Don't Care About

1. I don't care that Al Sharpton's genealogical tree includes a relative that was owned by someone in Strom Thurmond's family tree. Pretty much any African American's family tree is going to include ancestors who were once owned by white people. We had no reason to believe that Strom Thurmond, a known racist, didn't descend from people who once owned slave. So how is this, as Sharpton called it, "shocking"? And what does it really matter?

2. I don't care whether Britney Spears has a full head of hair or is completely bald. I don't care about what tatoos she was or was not able to get. And I don't care whether she is or is not currently in rehab.

3. I don't care who the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby is. If there are four or five men who claim they could be the man, I really don't have the time of day for you.

I don't care about so many of the things that the media tries to throw in front of me and call news. It's not news. It's not interesting. It's not important. It's not worth my time. I just plain don't care.

So what about you?

4 comments:

MJ Dowell said...

I totally agree with you and if I had a few minutes I do believe I could come up with a few more things I really don't care about.

Anonymous said...

I think the word "news" should be retired. Certainly the stuff main stream media stuffs down our throat is not news. Luckily there are some very reliable blogs out there that actually discuss things with merit.

Anonymous said...

I love lamp. Also, not news, but more interesting than these stories.

They all have to create news now because they are constantly on air. Give me my one hour a day with the REAL news and ill be just dandy.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.