Friday, March 16, 2007

Almost Spring

Although today's icy rain and cold weather remind me that it is still winter, the weather on this past Tuesday and Wednesday made it clear that spring isn't far away. As I took a break from work to enjoy the warm temperatures (high 70s), I remembered just what a lovely city DC is in the spring. This city must have been designed in the spring, because that is when it really shines. DC is best enjoyed on foot. It's a compact city with most attractions within easy walking distance of each other. However, in the summer, the heat and humidity make walking unpleasant, just as the cold winds of winter keep most of us scurrying head down to get inside and stay inside. But in spring, you could walk forever. The sun is warm but the breeze keeps you cool. The scent of magnolias floats on the air. The cherry blossoms bring color to the once bare trees. Everything feels fresh and alive. And I feel the desire to get out and explore the city in which I live. Hurry up spring. I'm ready for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you and Jeff be coming to Louisville during Derby week?!

Theresa said...

I wish...but no. Jeff will actually be in Sweden for most of that time. I think he gets home on Oaks day.