Saturday, March 10, 2007

It's My Birthday

So go out and celebrate. In case you lost count, I'm turning 26 today.

For those who were wondering, also celebrating their birthdays today are: Chuck Norris (67), Jim Valvano (would have been 61), Osama bin Laden (the big 5-0), Bobby Petrino (56), Shannon Miller (30), Carrie Underwood (24).

On this day in history:
The first Punic War came to an end with the Romans sinking the Carthaginian fleet (241 BC).
A formal ceremony took place to mark the Louisiana Purchase (1804).
Alexander Graham Bell made the first successful telephone call (1867).
The Ford Mustang is first produced (1964).
James Earl Ray pleads guilty to murdering MLK Jr. (1969).
Astronomers discover rings around Uranus (1977).
I was born (1981).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Theresa! I can't believe astronomers found rings around my anus before I was even born. I don't know what happened but they're not there anymore. And man do I love the Punic Wars.

Anonymous said...

And of all the things that happened on this day, you being born is the best and most important! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it's fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Add one more thing that happened on wonderful date!

Danny proposed to me at the Bristol. (2000)

Anonymous said...

Umm, so I read the part about rings around uranus, made a joke, then saw there were 4 comments and knew it had already been used. Checked, was correct, and then wrote this to tell you.

Happy Gooseday.