Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Food is Good

This past weekend, Jeff and I went to Seattle for the wedding of Alison and Chris. I'm working on getting up some photos from that, but in the mean time, I thought I'd post some other pictures from the weekend.

One of my favorite things about Bainbridge Island is the food. Many yummy things can be found on the island, and I like to indulge in my favorites while I am there. So this is a post dedicated to pictures of food.

On Saturday mornings, there's a great farmer's market. There are all kinds of vegetables.




There's also really delicious bread. I like to buy chocolate croissants from this vendor.


And Jeff got a chocolate peanut butter cookie from this stand, which also sells some good looking berry pies.



Here's a close-up on some berries. Mmmm.


And here are some lovely flowers you can purchase.

If you watch the Food Network, you may recognize this place. Cafe Nola was featured on the very first episode of Giada's Weekend Getaways. We'd been going there long before it ever showed up on TV...I think I went on my very first trip to Bainbridge five years ago. She went for brunch...I've only been for lunch and dinner. It's been delicious every time. I had porcini risotto cakes this past weekend, and they didn't disappoint.


And what's a day without dessert? Jeff and I shared this three-scoop ice cream cone from Mora Ice Creamery. They really know how to do ice cream there. We taste tested just about every flavor before deciding on cinnamon, chocolate mousse, and mango. As much as I love chocolate, I think cinnamon was my favorite. Really, really good.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Taste tested just about every flavor"- Work in a ice cream shop for just a single day and you'll hate those people. Extend that over 4-5 months and well fuck. You should have an inkling of what you want, so only 3 or so taste tests should be necessary!

Theresa said...

But they had weird crazy flavors that I'd never had before. I promise that I didn't ask to taste test anything like vanilla. And Jeff and I shared each of our taste tests...so really we weren't that terrible, I swear!

Jeff said...

When you have to decide between dulce de leche, dulce de leche with shaved chocolate, and dulce de leche with chocolate liquer. And when Theresa decides she doesn't like any of them you have to start over again and try some more. Can you tell what I was in favor of? And who won =). But I liked them all.

Laura said...

It sounds like a great trip! I'm getting hungry just looking at your pictures :) We're going to Seattle in August and I'm planning our few days there around where I want to eat.