Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Best Popsicles Ever

This afternoon Jeff and I went to the Asian supermarket in search of dumpling wrappers so we could try our hand at making homemade potstickers. (I'll let you know how that goes.) We found the wrappers and all kinds of other goodies, many of which were quite unusual. The find of the day, however, was these.




I've been looking for these forever...probably even longer than I've been looking for the previously mentioned and miraculously found Pudding Pops. And although most of you just won't get it, I'm sure my family remembers these most awesome popsicles as might anyone who played t-ball, softball, or baseball in the Louisville CSAA during the 80s and early 90s.




Who would have thought that they'd sell them at the Asian market? And who would have thought the image on the package would be so, um, odd?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think they would sell them at the Asain market. But knowing now they came from there, the wrapper does not surprise me.

Ad please, ship one package my way please.

Matthew said...

My comment was lost, so here we go again.

I remember then being rock hard and also the popsicle being equal lengths on both sides. Those look similar but not exactly the same.

Earlier this week I was at my buddy Termy's place, and he had some of the flav-o-ice like popsicles that are considerably thicker and have a more fruity taste. That was a nice surprise.

I must ask. Do you actually have a food-must-find list, either written down or mental, or is this more one of those things that when you see something you say, "I've been looking for these forever" more as conjecture?

Anonymous said...

Good God! The "Onion" (Is that really an onion? What does that have to do with the popsicles?) has a huge weiner! Man those are tasty. Well off to bed since I must rise early to head to the airport!

Laura said...

Having been to a lot of Asian markets in my life, I've enjoyed these kind of popsicles for many years :) If I'd known you were looking for them I could have told you where to find them! Apparently you can also drink them like juice, but I don't know how good that would be... I always liked them frozen :)

Anonymous said...

Mark sure hopes you are bringing him some this weekend.