Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Today's Headlines

Isn't it scary that there are people like this? How do you get to be that way? How miserable must your life be? It's so disgusting. I can't even put into words the type of loathing I feel for such people.

Kirby Puckettis gone. I always liked him. He was one of the stars I grew up with. I admired his loyalty and his passion. Those are hard traits to find in today's professional athletes.

If you ever need a lesson in "Life's not fair" or "Making the best of a bad situation," I think you can think of Christopher and Dana Reeve and learn those lessons pretty quickly. I feel awful for their 13 year old son.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Touch 'em all Kirby Puckett!'- The barrel of fun is gone!

If I was ranking tragic things on a list the Reeves paralysis/cancer combo would be pretty high on the list.

Anonymous said...

I want to know how UK can defend it's decision to raise tuition 12%. That was the most disturbing local headline of the day.

As for national news, I'm hereforth overlooking South Dakota's standing as a state.

seriously 12%; in regards to in-state tuition, that's a ton of money. it's truly a crime. i haven't completed my letter to the editor yet, but i have some things to say.

Laura said...

I don't get those "protesters" either. First of all I really don't understand how anyone can actually believe that God hates anyone, but what's even worse is that they go around attacking innocent people as they go through the worst possible experience of their lives. What do they hope to accomplish?

Anonymous said...

Such tragedies. I also liked Kirby Puckett; he was one of my favorites. I can't imagine a 13 year old boy losing both parents in such a short period of time. If I had a motorcyle I think I would join the Patriot Guard Riders. That Phelps man is definitely an example of what is wrong with America today.