Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Does Anyone Have a Big, Sturdy Box They're Willing to Give Me?

Why is it so hard to find somewhere to live? Why can't the place I'm imagining in my head just magically appear? Life would be so much easier then. It's really hard trying to find a place that meets my living criteria and also meets my budget...especially when I'm looking for a place in the DC area while living in Louisville. Jeff's been working hard looking at places I find online, but so far things aren't going that well. Nowhere has yet jumped out as "the place". And the fact that boys and girls think differently doesn't really help. What Jeff thinks makes a place good or bad isn't necessarily what I think makes a place good or bad. He's more practical while I'm more emotional. He's looking for functional, I'm looking for aesthetically pleasing (of course, I do think that functional is good too). It's rough. So keep your fingers crossed that something works out soon. I might go crazy otherwise.

And if you live in Louisville, thank your lucky stars. I was reading housing ads in the C-J yesterday, and I can rent an entire house in the Highlands for less than I can rent a studio apartment way on the outskirts of the DC area. Absurd! Ah, Louisville and its low cost of living, I will miss you.

No comments: