Friday, February 15, 2008

Anger

The shooting at Northern Illinois University disturbs me to the core. College should be a safe place. What is happening here? Why are these sick, sick people turning classrooms into places of terror? How do these people end up with arsenals of guns and why do we keep defending their right to have them? And why, why, why if you hate your life so much can't you just kill yourself and leave everyone else out of it?

I don't care what their background story is, I have no sympathy for these shooters...the ones who take guns to classrooms, to shopping malls, to wherever. They are repulsive, selfish, horrible people. I feel very Republican saying that, but it's how I feel. There is no excuse, no reason, no justification. There is right and wrong. And they chose wrong. Very, very, very wrong.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I go to CNN.com every day and my response to about half the headlines is always, "What the fuck is wrong with these people?" Senseless.

Matthew said...

I feel very Republican saying this but someone who is quite motivated to shoot 20-something people is going to locate guns whether they are legal or not.

Anonymous said...

What's this Republican sense on this liberal blog? What's going on? Is my bookmark wrong?! LISA

Anonymous said...

People will find guns, ammo, etc. If they want to no matter their party affiliation if they want to do something to harm others. There are people everywhere who are nuts.

megan said...

so, if people are so nuts, why aren't we doing anything to help them (or contain them, if need be) at the young age most of these people are recognized as being nuts... why are we just putting them on numbing drugs & letting them suffer through life & eventually making us suffer with them.

i agree with you theresa- there is no forgiving what they do. it's awful & sad & scary. I wish they'd take it out only on themselves & leave the community alone.

but why do we have so many of them? i'm definitely sad every week (or so it seems) when I hear these stories & think of the families, but I'm also somewhat use to them. how terrible is that?