Sunday, April 29, 2007

They're Alive!

Yesterday I decided to clean up our back patio as it seems that spring might actually be here to stay. (I hope I didn't just jinx it because I am so ready for consistently warm weather!) And lo and behold in the little garden area we have I found that there was stuff growing in it. And not just stuff like weeds, but stuff I had planted. I about fell over. You see, I planted these things last year and they were completely devoured...whether by bugs, deer, raccoons, or a combination of these things, I'm not sure. We had tried planting flowers the year before with the same result. So this year we were planning to just throw down mulch and call it a year. I obviously did not inherit my mom's green thumb. But maybe, as evidenced by this photo, my thumb isn't completely brown. Or maybe I just got lucky. Regardless I hope this year it takes at least a few weeksbefore something eats my plants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Maybe they aren't as tender this year and they won't be totally eaten by whatever got them last year. Anyway, good luck.