Monday, August 02, 2004

Hold On...He's Coming

Yesterday (or maybe the night before) the local news was covering a Louisville homicide. They opened the piece with a woman neighbor/friend saying how "cool" the victim was. I think she was trying to convey that he was a good guy who would be missed, but I got lost in the number of times she said "cool". Murders are unnerving though, so I'll let it slide. The end piece was what was really interesting anyhow. Per usual, they were trying to make the beginning and end personal, with the middle giving the known info on the case. So at the end they interview another neighbor, a man probably in his late fifties, and perhaps a little crazy. This I gather from what he decided was the best thing to say about the man and the tragedy: "Well, when you wake up and find out something like this happened, you know the prophecy is coming true. The Lord Jesus Christ is coming home." (I'm paraphrasing from memory, but I think that's pretty close.)

Hmmm. I'm not sure what prophecy he's referring to, but sure sounds interesting. The victim must have been a pretty important guy for his death to be the pivotal point for the fulfillment of a prophecy. But anyhow, be on the lookout folks. The Lord Jesus Christ is coming home. Are you ready to invite him in?

No comments: