Thursday, September 04, 2003

Oh My God What Are All These People Saying In Insanely Loud Voices

Don't fear. I'm alive and well in Athens. I know you were all worried since I haven't posted, but there has been a lot to do and the computer here is so slow. (Plus one phone line for the phone and internet for 6 people is kind of difficult.) But so it goes. So I don't have much time to write now, but for a few updates. For all of those concerned, I made it here without any of my fears materializing. All my planes were ontime, my luggage met all restrictions, my luggage arrived with me, and I didn't starve to death. An A+ kind of day huh. Athens is massive. I really haven't been out into the city much, because I am living in the posh area of town near all the diplomats and such. My house is nice, the campus is beautiful, the facilities are posh, and the massive amount of stray dogs are well annoying. Yes that is right..there are stray dogs everywhere. They run in packs throughout the city. They don't really bother you except for the wake-up barks at 6am. Lovely I know. The one thing that is completely driving me nuts is the absolute lack of organization in this country. For this list-loving girl, a lack of organization is brutal. Everyone is super friendly though so that kind of makes up for it. Okay, if I don't end now my computer is going to crash. A sucky post I know, but I am sure you are all glad just to know I'm alive. And just as a little sidenote, it's pretty damn awesome to just be walking through downtown and then look up at the hill in front of you and see the Parthenon. Hard to match that in the good ol' USA.

No comments: