Saturday, August 30, 2003

From The Grab Bag

My bags are packed. I have one big suitcase, one smaller travel backpack, one small carry-on and my computer case. My plane leaves at 5:41pm tomorrow . I think my biggest concerns right now are...1. Will my luggage meet all the dumb airport requirements (50lbs is not a lot, especially compared to the previous 70lb limit). 2. Will my luggage make it to Athens with me? 3. When am I going to get to eat?

I can now speak Greek in case anyone was worried. I can say "Yes," "No," "Please," "Thank you," "Good morning/evening/night," "Hello," "Goodbye," "I don't understand," "I don't speak Greek," "Do you speak English," and "Excuse me." I have no idea how to introduce myself, ask where the bathroom is, order food, etc., but I'm not real concerned. I plan to stick to the "I don't speak Greek. Do you speak English?" mode of communication. Hey, at least I learned that much, and I'm not just going to wander around saying "English? English?"

I hate airplanes. I especially hate being on airplanes for something like 17 hours.

I now have a comment button. Use it, okay? It would be neat if I felt like there was someone out there actually reading this.

No comments: