Sunday, June 01, 2008

Pawleys Island Vacation in Pictures

Day 1: Saturday, May 24
We arrive in the afternoon at our house, Barefoot on the Beach. It's a very nice house in a prime location. We get settled in.


Though evening has come upon us and it's past prime swimming time, we head to the beach. My brother Gregory, aka Jesus, says "Let there be water," and there is. Lots and lots of water. Now everything is in place, and we can enjoy the rest of our week.


Day Two: Sunday, May 25
We head to the beach, where Gregory and I construct this amazing sand sculpture. We have admirers stopping by all day to marvel at it.


I then lead the charge into the water, which is a very comfortable temperature. Soon everyone is body surfing in the waves.


Matthew and Amanda discuss the propensity of the ocean to tear off your pants. Fortunately for us, they are able to keep theirs on, though apparently they require a bit of adjusting.


Gregory practices his Baywatch run, though he goes in the wrong direction.


Having consumed way more than our daily recommended allowance of salt, we head back to the sand for more fun. Being the appointed vacation photographer I don't appear in many photos, so I take a picture of my foot to prove I am indeed there.


The sun makes Mark loony.

And Matthew takes to playing Frisbee by himself.


Jeff, Mark, and Gregory come up with a game that involves bombing sand structures with baseballs. It may be a new beach favorite.


Day Three: Monday, May 26
My mom, Mark, Gregory, and I begin the day with a trip to Brookgreen Gardens. We see many lovely statues.



We also see many beautiful flowers.





The live oaks are very nice and remind me of one of the things I liked about Rice.


We encounter a handful of lizards, including this guy who modeled for me.


In the afternoon, we return to the beach, where Gregory, Jeff, and Mark continue to bomb seaside villages into oblivion.


We tell my mom and Matthew to go fly a kite.


And so they do.


TO BE CONTINUED...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet that's Mary Jane's kite. She won the contest that my Mom held.

megan said...

i love your sarcasm. you are so fun, i can't wait to have that next to me in less that 42 hours.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! It looks like fun... It's so great that your whole family was there! I can't remember the last time my whole family went on vacation together. Lately it seems difficult just to get us all together for a meal!

Kelly said...

Looks like it was a great time! I want to go to the beach!