Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Random Wednesday

  • At my Trader Joe's, Luna Bars and Clif Bars cost the same amount but Clif Bars have about 100 more calories, which is good when I'm hiking. However, those Clif Bars require so much damn chewing that I think I burn more than those 100 calories just trying to eat the bar. They also look like crap...literally. I think I'll stick with the Luna Bars.
  • One sign that your house is small: You can plug your vacuum in and vacuum the entire house without having to switch plugs. Yeah, I can do that.
  • If you're looking for a chocolate cake recipe, look no further than the back of the Hershey's cocoa box. For Jeff's return to the U.S. I made the "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake, and it was indeed perfect. It was my first ever layer cake (I usually stick with the much easier sheet cake), but I didn't have a bit of trouble. The cakes came out flat and stacked easily. The icing (recipe also from the cocoa box) was easy to spread. And the cake itself is super moist and delicious. We just have a tiny slice left for tonight...we've been eating it every day...and I'm almost tempted to bake up another one. Fortunately, we're going out of town tomorrow night, so I won't. But it's that good.

4 comments:

MJ Dowell said...

Maybe you just have an extra long cord on your vacuum. I hate having to stop and plug it in so often.
Vacuuming is bad enough without having extra time added.

Kelly said...

I can back you up on the Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake! I made it for group dinner at Ruthie's once, and everyone loved it! :-)

(Oh, and I can vacuum all pf our carpeted areas using the same outlet too. :-)

Leslie said...

I'm a big fan of the luna bar myself. The lemon ones are my favorite. I eat them for breakfast on the run. And I will have to try this choc cake recipe. I too have only stuck to the easy sheet cake.

Laura said...

I usually only make cake from a mix, but I'll have to try that recipe :)