Thursday, October 04, 2007

Lives of Wander: The Blog

In preparation for the big round the world trip Jeff and I plan to go on, departure date summer 2008, we have created a blog. We're going to use the blog as a means of documenting our trip and staying in touch with friends and family. So why start it now, you ask? Well, we also want to use the blog as a means of recording our pre-trip planning, thoughts, hopes, goals, etc. In many ways, this trip is bigger than a year. It already consumes a good part of our life...at least as far as thinking and planning and dreaming go. We've made a few posts and plan to continue through the planning and the doing. We'll see where it goes after that.

We're rolling it out slowly, introducing it first to you, my loyal Spargel readers. We have high hopes that it will grow though, so please don't be shy about sharing it with friends or linking to it on your blog. In a way, we're hoping the blog will become a conversation...not just us talking at you. So please, leave comments, start a dialogue, check in often. (I'm talking to you lurkers too. I know about you people who read Spargel but don't comment. Don't try to hide.)

So without further ado, may I present Lives of Wander.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

1. you have too many blogs/webpages. I am a busy person and don't have time to read all of them.

2. can you "Big Brother" your webpage and see who visits? I would think that's cool, but on the other hand, if you do that, it makes you as bad as our government.

ruth said...

I confess that I am a Spargel lurker. I think Carson reads it, too. I appreciate Spargel as a neat way to learn more about you. Plus, I admire your writing and enjoy your perspectives.

Anonymous said...

I am very excited to start and continue reading your new blog.