Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Let Us Now Praise Neosporin

Wonder drug! Magic in a tube! Miracle worker! Who knew the marvel that Neosporin is? Long live the trusty over the counter topical antibiotic that requires no doctor's visit, that demands no prescription, that asks no questions. I am forever a devotee!

What inspires this love song to Neosporin you ask. Well, if you recall, a week ago, my face looked like this.

Now, a mere one week from the accident, my face looks like this.
What was horrible red and oozy abrasions across my face has healed to pink patches of new skin. I can pass you on the street and you won't recoil in horror. In fact, you might not even notice unless you're staring directly at me, and even then it's nothing much to look at. Heck, you might think it nothing but the effects of a bad sunburn. And what do I have to thank for this rapid recovery? Nothing more than ice for the first 24 hours, a few infrequent applications of heat, and a whole heck of a lot of Neosporin. And while the Neosporin does give my face a nice shine and is good and sticky, I have no complaints. I think in another week or so there won't even be a trace mark to serve as reminder of my encounter with the tow rope. So three cheers for Neosporin. Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't speak too loudly of the terrific job Neosporin or the FDA will make it a very expensive prescription drug! Maybe Neosporin would like you for one of their commercials. Hey, it's worth a try, Want me to forward this blog to whatever drug company makes it? I will say it looks really good. Of course your diligence in applying it made all the difference.

Laura said...

Yay Neosporin! We have a tube every room of the house :)

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see you are back to your beautiful self! that's not to say you were not beautiful with those injuries you just look so much prettier without them I am also a big fan of neosoporin. However I ususally used it for smaller injuries! Nice to know it works on bigger ones as well! love, anne

megan said...

what in the world happened to you?


i'm glad you're healing so well :)