Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Exploring We Go

We're off to the Grand Canyon. My backpack is down to 18 lbs of essentials. Sleeping bag and pad, bathing suits, hiking shorts and pants, shoes and sandals, a few toiletries, binoculars, camera, etc. We'll spend five days rafting the upper part of the Canyon, from Lee's Ferry to Phantom Ranch. We'll then spend the better part of one day hiking out - nearly 10 miles, all uphill. The last few days we'll spend with friends in Phoenix. I'm so excited. I've wanted to do this forever. We'll be back on Labor Day (aka Jeff's birthday), and I'll hopefully have photos up soon after that. Have a great week and a half!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All uphill...really? I never would have expected that from a hike out of the Grand Canyon. Have a good time.

Laura said...

Wow, it sounds like such a great adventure!! I can't wait to see your pictures!

Anonymous said...

You mean your packback!

spark said...

Phantom Ranch is cool! Enjoy!

(And we also just got back from a Seattle / Victoria trip)