Thursday, February 23, 2006

Guess I Won't Quit My Job

Today is a sad day. I just learned that all of the calls for Amazing Race 10 have gone out, and Jeff and I weren't called.

In case you weren't aware, Jeff and I filled in the applications and made a video in the hopes of getting on next season's Race. We're both big fans, and we both think we have what it takes to win the race - and make good television in the process. We brought up every hook we could think of - being newlyweds, Jeff being a national champion baseball player, spending more than half of our relationship on separate continents - but I guess the Race wasn't looking for any of that.

Or they realized we would totally kick every other team's butt on every single leg, thus making the Race not all that exciting. Yeah, it must have been that.

And while we both knew the chances of us getting a call back weren't that much better than us winning the lottery (which we're also sad about), I still felt a glimmer of hope every time my phone rang, especially at times when I usually don't get many calls. And even knowing our chances, I still secretly thought that we were perhaps just interesting enough to get called for a semi-final interview, where we would obviously wow them and make it on to the finals and then the show. But, alas, no.

So now, being completely addicted and determined to get on the show, I'm gearing up for the applications for Amazing Race 11. I need a new partner, however, since you can only apply once with the same teammate. Anyone interested?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sign me up. We'd kick ass!

Anonymous said...

maybe someone will back out and you all are the first alternates! I was hoping too that you would be selected but I guess now you and Greg will have to make a go of it. I know you 2 could handle it well.