Tuesday, June 14, 2005

It's Called Summer. It Gets Hot.

Why do people in DC seem to think they have a monopoly on hot weather? If they checked out a map, they'd notice that they're definitely not as close to the equator as many other people. And if they ever looked at world weather (or even US weather), they'd notice that lots of places have hotter temperatures every day of the year. But for some reason, people here seem to think DC is the hottest place outside of the Sahara. Seriously, I think in my time in DC I've had more people tell me that I'll be overwhelmed by the heat here than I've had tellme that anywhere else. Hello, I'm from Kentucky, I went to school in Texas, and I lived in Greece...I think I know more about heat than the people here do. And yes, I do mean it when I say that I like it hot. 90 doesn't faze me. Temperatures in the 80s are marvelous. It's summer, for goodness sake. Bring on the hot weather.

No comments: