Wednesday, January 05, 2005

One Good Thing for Living in DC

I feel like I should write a blog, but I can't really think of much to write. I know that's lame, but right now it's the truth. My mind just won't settling on anything substantial. I could do a Christmas recap or a New Year resolution thing, but I'm not really in the mood for either of those.

So I'll just write a little random thought.
The nice thing about not living in the same city as your family is getting to go home for Christmas. If I lived in Louisville, I'd be in my own place, and I'd wake up on Christmas all alone except for whoever I was living with. And there wouldn't be piles of presents from Santa Claus, and I'd probably be bored and piddle around a lot until it was time to go to wherever I was going for Christmas lunch or dinner. But since I do live out of town, I get to go home to my parent's house for Christmas and act just like a little kid. I get to line up on the stairs in my pjs with my brothers for our morning picture. I get to race downstairs to tons of presents. I get to whoop and holler as I open them up. And I get to play with everyone else's presents. It's fun. I think that even if I move back to Louisville, I'm still going to spend Christmas Eve night at my parents. And I'm going to demand that my brothers do too. I guess it could get a little crowded if we all have kids, but hey, that would be even more fun. Yay for Christmas!

No comments: