Sunday, May 02, 2004

A Bit of Pomp and Circumstance

Congratulations Matthew! Today is it. You've reached the end of the journey called college and are about to enter into the oft talked about but seldom journeyed to "real world". Don't worry. There are still plenty of ways to avoid fully entering this "real world," and I'm sure you are smart enough to figure them out.

In all seriousness, I hope the past four years have been full of challenges, excitement, laughter, discoveries, long conversations, lasting friendships, and instant memories. You'll take more from college than you can realize right now, and you'll be amazed by the things you'll remember and miss the most. I hope you've had a great four years at Dayton, but I also hope that you haven't had the time of your life. At 21 years old, the time of your life still awaits. And I know it will be an amazing time. You've got what it takes to change our world and make it into a far superior world than we have now. I expect nothing less from you. So take a well-deserved break and then get out there and start kicking some butt.

No comments: