Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Things That Deserve A Second Thought

What’s the difference between lemons and limes? Are we definitely sure that they are not the same thing? We have a lime tree in our front yard. During the summer, this tree was full of bright green limes. We would use them sometimes, and thus were certain that they were, indeed, limes. However, now that it’s winter, the limes are gone. But the tree still has fruit on it – bright yellow lemons. I swear I am not making this up. We’ve used some of these too, and as far as we can tell, they’re lemons. In the summer, the fruit looks, tastes, and smells like limes. In the winter, the fruit looks, tastes, and smells like lemons. Any thoughts on this?

Do conjoined twins only have to buy one bus ticket? It’s not like you could throw one of the two off the bus for not having a ticket. They can only move together, so does that make them one person in regards to things like tickets? Are there guidelines? If they’re connected at the head, they’re one person, but if they’re connected at the shoulder, they’re two? Does it depend on how many butts they have? Is the fact that I’m using “they” a tell-tale sign, that conjoined twins are obviously two people. Bet that gets tricky for people selling tickets. It’s probably such a sensitive subject, they just let the conjoined twins make the decision and leave it at that. I wouldn’t want to argue the semantics of it with someone who has to deal with being conjoined.

When I am old and wrinkly and decrepit will someone still bring me flowers? Yesterday as I waited for the bus at Panormou, a little old man walked by carrying one pick rose wrapped up in pink tissue paper and tied with a pink bow. It was so cute. When I’m that old, I hope that someone is still so in love with me that they bring me flowers. Just one pretty flower will do. But seeing that I don’t even get flowers now, I’m not really keeping my fingers crossed. It’s okay, though. I’ll be happy enough if someone is still that in love with me, flowers or no flowers.

No comments: