Friday, February 27, 2004

Maybe I Am Employable

Good news on the job front. There are people in this world who think I might be qualified for a "real" job. Neat, huh. Last night, I received an email from the Holocaust Museum, saying they'd like to interview me for a position I applied for in Visitor Services. Visitor Services Representative is not my dream job. But the Holocaust Museum is my dream place to work. So it's a foot in the door and a way to move into museum education work. I bet they want someone to start before I can, and an interview doesn't guarantee a job, but it is all a step in the right direction. I posted before about not knowing what I want to do, so I thought I'd provide a brief update. I've decided what I most want to do is work in a museum. I think I'd like to go back to school to get a degree in museum studies, but that will have to wait a year or two. Until then I'd like to work and save money. So in regards to that, I've now applied to four jobs. This one in Visitor Services at the Holocaust Museum, a development job at the Holocaust Museum, a development job with the Civil War Preservation Trust, and a museum education job with the Discovery Creek Children's Museum. All of these jobs are located in DC. I'm hoping that by the time I come home, I have some kind of offer. That's a lofty goal, but perhaps obtainable. If not, I'll just keep looking once I'm home. No matter what happens, getting a positive response so quickly from somewhere I want to work is a boost.

No comments: