Sunday, January 04, 2004

Lazy Days

It's been a while since I posted. There's something about being at home for Christmas that makes me incredibly lazy. I really haven't done much but hang around my house with my family and Jeff, but I've enjoyed it thoroughly. I've taken the time to see many of my friends, but I haven't been out and about. A Christmas night gathering with friends, a get together at a friend's, a cousin's day dinner at Wick's, a trip with Gregory, Mark and Jeff to Mammoth Cave, a few excursions to the mall, a lunch with Joyce, a trip to the bowling alley with my brothers, a few family get togethers...that's really been the extent of my Christmas break activity. Jeff and I did have bigger plans, but a bout of strep throat has resigned us to my house. It's been fun and relaxing though, and I don't have any complaints. It's not that often that my whole family is home at the same time, so it's nice to be able to play a family game of Catch Phrase and sit around the dinner table laughing about stuff that probably no one else in the world would find funny. We're a pretty odd bunch. I can't imagine how weird we must look from the outside looking in. Sometimes it looks weird to me from the inside. But I love every last weird bit of it. It might be weird, but it's real. And we have a damn good time together. What more can you ask for?

No comments: