Friday, April 28, 2006

April's Random Thoughts

I don't really have anything of substance to write about, but I thought I'd write something since it's been a while. So here are some random thoughts for your enjoyment.

  • Tuesday was free icecream day at Ben & Jerry's. I caught it at just the right time and only had to wait about 5 minutes while everyone else I talked to had to wait around 30 minutes. Free icecream is quite nice.
  • I think the lacrosse guys at Duke are innocent. I think they behaved poorly and didn't exercise good judgment, but I don't think they are guilty of rape. I think it's a false accusation, which, if it is, is absolutely terrible because it only makes true rape cases all the more difficult to prosecute. There are too many loopholes in the case and too little evidence. I believe the prosecutor, who is in an upcoming election, is pursuing the case for political gain (getting tough on crime, etc.), which is wrong, especially considering he is putting other people's lives and reputations on the line. If he had a legitimate case, fine. But since there seems to be no evidence to indict, a decent amount of evidence to acquit, and only her word to substantiate the claims (and she has filed a rape accusation before that appears to have been dropped for whatever reason), I think he's really stretching to make a case. While we'll probably never exactly what happened, I'll say that if I were on the jury, knowing what is known now, I'd vote not guilty.
  • And on a travel note, Jeff and I have tentative plans to do an around-the-world trip when he gets out of school and before I start school. It would be ideal if he would finish in December 2007, because we'd then have until August 2008 when I'd like to start school to make our trip (But no holding our breaths here.) Anyhow, I'm so excited about the idea, that I've started thinking of all the places I want to go and flipping through guidebooks whenever I see one. Currently I'm focused on the South America portion of the trip. I'd never really been into South America before, but recently I've found it very exciting. Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Machu Picchu, the Amazon, Patagonia, Iguazu Falls, the Galapagos... Other than South America, I'd also definitely like to make it to Africa and parts of Asia. The rest can wait if time doesn't permit them from fitting into this trip. We're open to suggestions too, so if you know of somewhere cool, let me know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A trip around the world sounds sweet! South America sounds awesome!

Danny and I are planning a trip to Mexico (the mountains - Guadalajara- and west coast - Manzanillo)for next month.

Don't forget to include a few great places in the US. My suggestions: Newport, Rhode Island and Key West. Should I also add Morehead,KY?!

Stay out of Canada! The stop signs read HALT.

Anonymous said...

Lets see...Australia/New Zealand...African Safari...Russia...Hong Kong.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://google-index.info/2231.html and http://neveo.info/1829.html