Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Are You Serious...This is The Rest of My Life?

Yes, you’re right, I’ve done a terrible job of updating this thing lately. Sorry about that, but I had no idea the real world was so darn hard. I don’t know how people spend their whole lives working. For the life of me I can’t figure it out. I like my job, really, I do. It’s interesting, challenging, and important (I think), and the people I work with are very nice. Still, when the alarm goes off, it takes everything I have to get out of bed. I’m out of the house around 8, and I don’t get back until about 6:30. By then there is only about an hour of daylight left (and soon none, damn you clock changing), and so much to be done. Our condo is still only sparsely furnished, with most things in boxes or piles on the floor, so we grab a few bites of food and then scurry around to the stores until they close at 9. Then when we get home we try to get a few other things done – bills paid, flights booked, etc. By the time that’s done, we’re so tired we’re not worth a dime. And we still have a wedding to plan!

When are we supposed to meet people and hang out with them? When are we supposed to explore the million things that DC has to offer? When are we supposed to eat dinners that take longer than 10 minutes to prepare? When am I supposed to study for the GRE and apply to grad school? When are we supposed to go for bike rides or runs or get any form of exercise? When, people, when? Please tell me, because I haven’t figured it out. I’m hoping once we get the condo fixed up, we’ll have more time. Hopefully then I can apply to grad school and go back to the much easier life of being a student…except I’m not sure where the money will come from then. Job and grad school? There’s no way.

No comments: