Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Proceed With Caution

If you're driving in Louisville, be on the lookout for a light blue Dodge Intrepid or a bright blue Corsica, because there may be a crazy driver at the wheel. Yesterday, Mark turned 16 and through some miracle was able to pass the extremely tough test and acquire his permit. He said it was looking if-y for a while with stumpers of questions like one showing a picture of a Do Not Enter sign and asking what the sign meant. Apparently my little brother is extremely bright and was able to pass with flying colors. Congratulate him when you see him.

Anyhow, I can't wait until next Wednesday when I arrive back home in Louisville. He has promised to drive me home from the airport. Yes, folks, only one week after getting his permit, he plans to drive on the interstate in the dark. I'll remind you again of this next Tuesday, so you can plan to stay off the roads.

Just kidding. I'm sure Mark will be a great driver, just like the rest of us Dowells. I'll be anxious to see what he hits first. Will it be a fellow student's car like Theresa? Will it be a cop car like Matthew? Or will it be a telephone pole like Gregory? Now taking bets. Place yours here. Actually, here's hoping he keeps a permanently clean driving record.

And Happy Birthday Mark!!! If you forgot yesterday, I know he has no qualms about accepting late gifts. So step up.

No comments: